Modern life is often busy and stressful, and it can get overwhelming for all of us from time to time. If you find yourself struggling, it can be really beneficial to talk about how you’re feeling. You can reach out to friends and family, but there are also times when we need the help of an objective, trained professional as we try and sort out difficult situations or emotions, and develop new ways to tackle challenges and more forwards in life.
People seek out professional counselling for a variety of reasons, it could be because they:
• Are looking to deal with stresses at work or at home;
• Are experiencing feelings of anxiety or depression;
• Need help processing past traumas;
• Are suffering from grief and loss;
• Need help recovering from abuse;
• Are tackling recovery from addictions;
• Have gone through significant life transitions (such as the birth of a new baby, divorce, loss of a close relative);
• Want help navigating parenting;
• Are experiencing self-esteem issues.
We don’t think twice about hiring a personal trainer when we need help getting our physical health in order, and mental health care is no different. You aren’t alone, and you can (and should!) reach out for help. To learn more about counselling or to book an appointment please contact the clinic. Online booking is also available for counselling services.
A rebate through Medicare is available with a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP). You will need to make an appointment with your GP to discuss your situation, and together you can establish whether a MHCP is appropriate. For more details about rebates and out of pocket expenses please visit our Fees page.